oclogo-1.jpg (4260 bytes)

oclogo-2.jpg (3800 bytes)

maintop.jpg (3957 bytes)

main.jpg (3147 bytes)

back.jpg (3954 bytes)

@

@

@

@

@

@


251-1.jpg (48483 bytes)


The Wujiang Academy   vicon.gif (1499 bytes)

    In the past, in Kinmen there were four major centers of scholarship, of which Wujiang, situated in the West Gate district of Jincheng, is the only remaining one. During the Cing dynasty (1644-1911) the building was the Yamen office of the assistant prefectural magistrate. When the assistant magistrate moved elsewhere in the forty-fifth year of the Cianlong Emperor's reign (1780), Huang Ru-Cheng, a local man, donated funds for the conversion of the building into a school.

   Later, people of the village pooled together their funds and established a shrine within the school to pay their respects to the great Confucian scholar of the Song dynasty, Jhu Si, who had done so much to bring education to the people of Kinmen. Wujiang Academy, renowned for its preservation of traditional values, is now the headquarters of the Kinmen County Defense Unit.

@


251-2.jpg (45848 bytes)